Friday 26 October 2012

Domestic Narrative

Here's my outcome for the Domestic Narrative Project (I don't know if that's it's actual title, or if it had one...) the first rotational project I've done.
I thought I should also show the stills from the video I made of my model of my kitchen and the fridge, that I used to get the compositions in my narrative, also there's a picture of the model itself because I found out making it that I enjoy making models of rooms/ sets (?). Thinking about things as 3D objects made of different shades of light falling on them is something that comes quite natural to me. It influenced my outcome a lot, not in a very useful way however, I concentrated quite a lot on atmosphere, shadow, textures and the expressive drawing aspect of the brief, but people were confused about the actual narrative in the crit.













I like these stills, I think they look quite scrappy and childish, therefore kind of ominous. I didn't draw a finished image from the last one, I thought I'd leave it a mystery whether the fridge actually had a fire in it or not.

Narrative: A fridge breaks, all it's 'coldness' leaks out and freezes the room around it while inside the fridge a fire erupts.

No comments:

Post a Comment